This is such an wonderful description of the anger of grief…
As I grew older, I realized this thing I’d been alternately dealing with and avoiding was grief, and probably anger. Logically, I knew it didn’t make sense to be angry. It was no one’s fault. She didn’t choose this. But I was still mad as hell and didn’t know where to put it or what to do with it.~ Thinky Thursday: Grief
Just because he or she died is such a common response to death, and there are thousands of other reasons to be angry…
• Difficult relationships that never got resolved.
• Inadequate medical treatment.
• Medical treatment that prolonged suffering.
• He or she didn’t go to the doctor soon enough.
• You couldn’t get them to the doctor soon enough.
• He or she refused treatment.
• Being left with the lawn to mow, the car to maintain and cooking to learn.
• Loss of your future plans.
• Being left without money.
• Secrets discovered after they died.
• Accidents, homicides and suicide.
• Not having had a chance to say goodbye.
• Friends who have abandoned you.
• A promise you made you don’t want to keep or can’t.
• The stupid things people have said.
• God let him or her die.
• …and so many more.
Photo Credit: saavem