As I’ve said elsewhere it is fine to skip the holidays entirely if you so choose. An alternative to skipping the holiday is to make it meaningful.
Here are some meaningful gift ideas you might consider:
• Photo albums or scrapbooks.
• Frame a favorite photograph.
• A collection of favorite recipes.
• Give a gift from the person who died. There are plenty of things left behind that don’t fall into the realm of inheritance but are meaningful to those left behind. Think about clothing, books, favorite collections, music, etc.
• Make a donation in your loved one’s name to a favorite charity.
Other Posts You Might Like
- Grief Knows the Way
- But What If It’s Trauma?
- When Death Opens Doors
- Finding the Right Life Balance While You’re Grieving
Photo Credit: Image by monicore from Pixabay