As I’ve said elsewhere it is fine to skip the holidays entirely if you so choose. An alternative to skipping the holiday is to make it meaningful.
Here are some meaningful gift ideas you might consider:
• Photo albums or scrapbooks.
• Frame a favorite photograph.
• A collection of favorite recipes.
• Give a gift from the person who died. There are plenty of things left behind that don’t fall into the realm of inheritance but are meaningful to those left behind. Think about clothing, books, favorite collections, music, etc.
• Make a donation in your loved one’s name to a favorite charity.
Other Posts You Might Like
- The Peril of Religious Services When You’re Grieving…and Some Solutions
- Meaningful Gift Ideas for When You’re Grieving
- To Decorate or Not When You’re Grieving?
- It’s OK to Change Things Up a Bit While Honoring Your Family’s Holiday Traditions
Photo Credit: Image by monicore from Pixabay